We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We’ve all been through a lot over the past few months and we all want to return to “normal”, but there’s a new normal now and many changes await you when you visit us next. One thing, though, has remained the same: Our commitment to the safety our patients and our team.
Infection control has always been a top priority, as you may have seen during your visits to our office. As healthcare providers, we pride ourselves in always going above and beyond in our protocols to ensure safety for all. While we have been closed to patient care, we’ve been back in the office enhancing our systems based on the current recommendations of the CDC, the American Dental Association & OSHA.
At your next appointment you will notice the following changes to help protect you, our other patients and our staff:
- Pre-Appointment COVID Wellness Screening: We will contact you in advance of your appointment to determine if you are well and then repeat this screening again when you arrive.
- Curbside Check-In / Modified Check-In [to support social distancing]: Call or text us when you arrive and we will let you know when we are ready for you. Each patient will be escorted into the office by a staff member and directly into the treatment room assigned to them.
- Curbside Check-Out / Reappointment: Just as in Check-In, the Check-Out will be done over the phone once you leave the office and return to your car. Over the phone we will take your payments, set up your next appointment(s) and whatever else is needed.
- Waiting Room No More: No one will be waiting in the waiting room at this time. We no longer offer magazines, toys, puzzles or anything not readily disinfected.
- Temperature Check: We will perform “touchless” temperature checks on all patients and staff prior to their entering the building.
- Rinses: We will ask you to use a hydrogen peroxide pre-treatment rinse followed by an antiseptic rinse prior to being treated.
- PPE: We will be donning extra personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Staggered Appointments: Appointment times and entry into the building will be staggered to minimize cross-traffic and allow for social distancing between patients. Please come to your appointment on time and alone unless you need a caregiver. For those patients who need a guardian or caretaker, we ask that you please limit this to one person.
- Masks: ALL PATIENTS AND VISITORS will be REQUIRED to wear a mask when entering the office and use hand sanitizer upon entering.
Thank you for your patience and for being a part of our dental family! If you have any questions about these changes or anything in our office, please call us at 269.375.2856.
We value your trust and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back.